Sunday, August 22, 2010

Idaho

I'm not sure what happened if I got a wild hair or if I was crazy but I took the girls to Idaho to visit my Mom for her birthday. I told the girls we weren't stopping we were driving straight to Idaho. I packed us a lunch and we were off.
Our first stop was in Rigby to visit my Grandparents. I love visiting them it makes me feel like a kid again. I remember all those times as a little girl when I would go visit them. Grandma of course feed us. She always has something yummy. I think I know now were I get the need to feed all my guests. Then we walked around her back yard and she showed us her garden. I told her that our garden is coming along pretty good. I don't have a green thumb like my Grandma but maybe in years to come. The girls had fun playing with all the fun toys.

What would a trip to my parents house be if we didn't stop and feed the ducks. We took my Dad with us, he helped me keep the troops in line and out of the Snake River. Ella was cracking me up, I thought she was going to loose a finger to one of those ducks. She wanted to basically put the bread in the ducks mouth. I kept telling her no just throw it.

The girls all had so much fun feeding them, even Alyse had fun watching the ducks.

We also visited my mom a couple of times a day we would stay tell the kids got to crazy or got us kicked out what ever came first. I'm not sure if I ever blogged why my mom is in a care facility. The Saturday before Mothers Day my mom had a stroke. She had us all really scared for awhile there, but the strong lady that she is she pulled threw. She was released just over a week later from the hospital to a care facility. She is doing a little better each time I talked to her, her speech gets a little more clear.
Well Mom Happy Birthday and don't worry it was well worth the crazy drive alone with the girls. We Love You.
Aug. 6-8, 2010

No comments:

back ground