Happy Halloween. We had such a fun weekend. I was worried with Halloween being on Saturday that the kids had all day to wait to go trick or treating but we had a great day and time past by fast. We started the day with pumpkin pancakes. We watched a few Halloween kid shows and my most favorite part of the day was I started a new tradition, homemade donuts. Oh they turned out so good. I got the recipe from my mom. She made them a few times when I was little so I thought it would be fun to start making them with my girls.
I decided this year that the girls had to dress up in the 50's costume. I was sold on them the minute I so the cute pink puddle. Alyse looked so cute!!! I must say the other girls made cute puddle skirt girls too.
As we started to get dressed for trick or treating a rain storm blew in. The girls were really sad but determined that they were still going trick or treating. So we bundled them up, put rain coats on them, and sent Mike and the girls with large umbrellas. Alyse and I stayed home to hand out candy.
They were only out for about a half hour the rain storm won, the girls were socked to the bone and frozen. However they had tons of fun. The girls enjoyed the next part of the night hot chocolate and homemade donuts. We even invited friends in while supplies of donuts and hot chocolate lasted. I think I better make two batches next year. It was a great year to start this new tradition it kept the girls busy and their minds off the fact that trick or treating got rained out.
Sunday we went to a family costume party over at the Gunn's house. Lucky for us the costumes were all dried out. We had so much fun, there was lots of great costumes and yummy food.
Happy Halloween!
Oct. 30 - 31, 2010
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment