Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Springbreak


This year for Spring break I knew that we had to do something fun. In years past it has been cold and it has even snowed so I knew just sticking around the house hoping for some fun in the sun was not going to happen. Mike had to work, so a large vacation was out. I decided I would be brave and take a road trip to Idaho to see family. My Dad was already down for the weekend so we could care a van home, making it easier if I had to stop with all the little ones.

We thought it would be fun to bring Kaia along to visit family too. The last few times that we have went to Idaho the girls have begged Grandpa to get out all my old barbies. He finally caved in and found the box. The girls had so much fun pulling everything out. I helped them set up all the fun things. I must say I had forgotten what a anal child I was. Everything was divided up and put in little baggies oh and what 7 or 8 year old child saves the directions on how to put the mall together. I love that I was that way. I have really had to relax sense I've had kids so it was great to see all my old ways.

I got to tell you I was happy to have the directions when I was putting that mall together. The girls had so much fun playing with all my old barbie toys. It was fun to see them enjoying something that I too once loved!

We were lucky enough to be in Idaho on my Dad's 61 Birthday. We celebrated it at my Mom's care center so that she could be involved.

It was so nice to see my Mom again. I have really missed her! She looked really good and I could understand almost everything that she was saying. I loved the look on her face when we first got there. I'm not sure if she remembered we were coming or if she was just surprised. Her face lit up with so much joy. I loved just being next to her and cuddling up to her. In life there is nothing like being next to your mom, no matter how old I get I still love that feeling of love and comfort I get being with my Mom.

We also got to go see my Grandparents while we were in town. I love going to my Grandparents house I have so many fun memories there. My kids had so much fun at Great Grandma and Grandpas too. They love all their toys and all the little treats Grandma feeds them. Alyse love Grandma and Grandpa's dogs. She screamed and shook with joy any time the dogs moved and of course she chased them all around the house.


While we were at my Grandparents house my aunt Susan and my aunt Kim and her kids came by to say hi. It was so nice to be able to see everyone and get to visit with them for a little while. Family is so important and it's hard living away from them.

After four days of fun in Idaho it was time to head home to spend the last few days of spring break with Dad.

Yes Dad took the girls swimming. I sat on the side and watch the kids play and took Nyah down the water slide. The kids were freezing yet they were determined to keep swimming. We also had movie nights and slumber parties. I think we pulled off a great spring break even in the cold.

-April 10 - 16, 2011

No comments:

back ground