
The "Fundoers"
What did I get myself into. Let me explain. Last year I felt bad that Mike wasn't running couple races or team races with all of our friends because his wife (me) didn't run. So I thought it was time for me to get off my butt and do something about it. Last fall I typed into the computer how to start running. Remember I'm now 32 and I have never ran except in 8th grade they made us run for 12 minutes around the gym for a test but that was my running career. Now I didn't tell anyone that I was secretly running down on our treadmill for fear of stuff like this happening. Mike came home one morning and caught me on the treadmill from there it was all over. The next thing I knew we were signed up to run a relay race, the Red Rock Moab. We ended up with two 6 person teams. Each person would run to legs totaling 70 miles.

When we pulled into Moab it really hit me that this race was tomorrow and I was running it. I felt sick to my stomach. I'm glad we have such great friends that are so sweet and supportive. This is me, Tori and Kelly bright and early waiting for the race to start. Kelly showed me how to stretch out and get warmed up. Down on my treadmill I just walk for a minute then I start to run. Nothing fancy, but Troy was a great running mate he made sure that everyone was hydrated and stretched out.

I was the first runner on our team so I got to start the race off. I'm glad I was first my nerves were killing me. My first leg was 5.5 miles. I did it!! I survived and I ran it in better time then I was hopping for so I was proud of that. My second leg was a killer! It was 2.7 miles up hill switch back after switch back. I was so excited to see the vans at the top of that hill / mountain. Mike did awesome on his races. They were rated some of the hardest legs his first one was 5.32 up hill and his second one was7.32 up the down. I knew that he would smoke them, I'm not sure if he is all human. He ran so fast and with ease. I was so proud of him. If only it could be that easy for me.

We had a great team. We had tons of laughs, lots of support. Oh and Yes, there was lots of Monster drinks (thanks to Mike and Troy).

Both teams, Michelle, Amy, Jared, Carrie, Bruce, Taunya, Brian, Tori, Troy, Kelly, Mike and Keri
May 14, 2011
1 comment:
You guys are AWESOME!! I am attemting to do that ranger relay with Mel....Woooooa...I have LOTS of training to do!
Post a Comment