We had two days left of summer vacation so we decided to go to the local splash park in Highland (the pool is to crazy with the two little ones). We invited my sister in law Melanie and her little ones. When we pulled up it was a little breezy and I looked at my temperature gage and it said 69 degrees. Are you kidding me! It's August! I asked the kids if they wanted to go to the park and they said no we want to play in the water. I told them it's going to be cold but they couldn't be persuaded.
Despite the frigged temperature for August the kids had a great time. I'm glad they had fun and didn't let the weather get them down or the fact that their lips were blue.
The last day of summer I asked Nyah what she wanted to do to end her summer she said she wanted to go to the dinosaur museum. Mike worked from the phone so he could join us. The kids had a great time.
After the museum we went for ice cream. I think it was a great end to our summer.
I'm not like most Moms, I don't cheer when they leave for school. I'm sorry I think it's harder to load all the kids in the car to run them to and from school 4 times a day. Plus the homework, not that I do it for them but I have to sit and help them. When they don't understand man I want to poke my eyes out. Well girls I hope you had a great summer because I sure did with you.
Aug. 23-24, 2010
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment